BRING A TASTE OF CUCINA RUSTICA HOME WITH YOU
Ever wondered what makes our Fagottini al Cinghiale so popular?
We spoke with our head chef to discover his method to preparing and serving our delicious pasta sauce favourite, which will make the perfect accompaniment to your ravioli.
If you’re looking for the ‘wow’ factor, then look no further, this sauce has it all. It’s rich, creamy and delightfully moreish.
Prep time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 6 mins
- Fresh mushrooms
- Dried porcini mushrooms
- Double cream
- Truffle oil
- White wine
- Gently pan fry a handful of fresh mushroom and butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat
- As the mushrooms begin to soften add two cups of double cream and a large handful of dried porcini mushrooms
- Slowly, the sauce will begin to bubble, add a dash of truffle oil (be careful not to add too much – this stuff can be very strong!)
- Continue stirring throughout, before adding a drop of white wine (we would recommend Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc – but don’t go too overboard with this, you don’t want to lessen the flavour from the truffle oil)
- To finish, add a pinch of salt and serve with pasta or ravioli before sprinkling with pecorino cheese
Voila! There you have it, our simple, yet effective pasta sauce.
To see what other tasty dishes we serve at Cucina Rustica, take a look at our menu here.